Replacement of Breast Implants
Replacement of gel breast implants, indicated for patients who present asymmetries, wrinkles, irregularities or pleats, rippling, encapsulation, or simply wish breast augmentation.
The Plastic Surgery
Gel breast implants are replaced using the same pocket or creating another one, behind the mammary gland, sub fascial or behind the pectoralis major muscle.
Types of gel breast implants
We use many types of cohesive gel breast implants of different main brands such as Mentor, McGhan Inamed, Silimed, Eurosilicone implants, with varying surfaces (smooth, textured, polyurethane) profiles and sizes.
We will help you select the breast implants that will best suit your anatomy, previous history, personal wishes and other health considerations.
In most cases a lower peri-areolar incision is used; however, sub- mammary or armpit incisions are also employed, depending on the patient´s wishes, considering previous scars, and breast anatomy.
Length of Procedure
Neuroleptoanesthesia (deep sedation) or general, plus local anesthesia.
Just as in breast augmentation, implant replacement only requires a short stay of less than 6 hours.
- After breast implants physical activity is restricted for the first week following surgery
- No sunbathing for 3 to 4 weeks post-op
- A surgical bra must be worn for the first six weeks post-op
- Sutures are removed between 5 to 7 days following surgery
- Activities are restricted for the first two weeks post-op
- Sports activities can be resumed four weeks after surgery