Lipofilling is a very common cosmetic surgery procedure used to restore facial volume, fill forehead and periorbital wrinkles, in addition to nasolabial creases, deep wrinkles in other areas, and to increase chin, cheek and lip volume.
Lipofilling is the preferred procedure to restore the face volume loss with age since is your own tissue, gives natural results, and has the best cost-benefit when the patient will undergo a facelift or other facial procedure.
Lipofilling or fat transfer can also be used to treat different body areas:
The Plastic Surgery
Needle aspiration removes the patient´s own fat (autologous) from areas such as the neck, abdomen or knees.
This fat is then reinjected with a microcannula into the desired facial area(s). There are no resultant scars.
It can be performed under local anesthesia or neuroleptoanesthesia (deep sedation) plus local anesthesia.
Length of procedure
None. This is an ambulatory procedure.
- No facial massages, creams or cleansing lotions should be used for the first 24 hours
- No sunlight exposure for 3 weeks
- Sunscreen SPF +60
None. This plastic surgery technique can be combined with different facial cosmetic plastic surgeries to achieve more favorable overall results.
The main advantages of Lipofilling
- Since the procedure is performed with the patient´s own fat tissue, there are no resultant allergies, and no pre-medical allergy tests are required
- It provides extremely natural results
- There are not long term complications
- This procedure can be done several times after a few months
The main disadvantage
- The fat is eventually reabsorbed, so in some cases, the results could last for approximately 3 to 6 months after surgery
How much does a lipofilling cost?
Use our free plastic surgery cost calculator to check the cost of a face lipofilling in Buenos Aires, Argentina by Dr Bukret.