Lipofilling or Fat Graft
This cosmetic surgery procedure is used to fill forehead and periorbital wrinkles, in addition to nasolabial creases, deep wrinkles in other areas, and to increase chin, cheek and lip volume.
The Plastic Surgery
Needle aspiration removes the patient´s own fat (autologous) from areas such as the neck, abdomen or knees.
This fat is then reinjected with a microcannula into the desired facial area(s). There are no resultant scars.
Neuroleptoanesthesia (deep sedation) plus local anesthesia.
Length of procedure
None. This is an ambulatory procedure.
- No facial massages, creams or cleansing lotions should be used for the first 24 hours
None. This plastic surgery technique can be combined with different facial cosmetic plastic surgeries to achieve more favorable overall results.
The main advantages of this Plastic Surgery
- Since the procedure is performed with the patient´s own fat tissue, there are no resultant allergies, and no pre-medical allergy tests are required
- It provides extremely natural results
- There are not long term complications
- This procedure can be done several times after a few months
The main disadvantage
- The fat is eventually reabsorbed, so in some cases the results could last for approximately 3 to 6 months after surgery