This page describes the type of personal information we request, with whom we can share the information, and the guarantees we offer to protect said information in accordance with the principles of professional secrecy, the personal data protection law 25,326, enacted on 4 October 2000 by the Senate and Chamber of Deputies of the Argentine Nation, and Law 1845 on the protection of personal data of the City of Buenos Aires.
Confidentiality of your information
We understand that medical information about you and your health is personal, and we are committed to protecting it.
This notice applies to all records of care provided by Dr. Bukret, whether by health professionals or other personnel in charge of your care. This notice will inform you of the ways that we may use and disclose your medical and personal information; it also describes your rights and obligations we have regarding the use and disclosure of personal information.
We are committed to:
- Safeguarding your medical information privately
- Inform you of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to medical information.
- Comply with the terms of confidentiality of information.
- In compliance with Article 6 (Information) of the data protection law, we inform our patients clearly and expressly the following points regarding the treatment of health data:
The purpose for which the personal data will be processed and who may be its recipients or class of recipients.
The existence of the file, registry, data bank, electronic or of any other type, in question, and the identity and address of its person in charge.
The mandatory or optional nature of the responses to the questionnaire that is proposed, especially regarding the data referred to in the following article (Article 7 of the data protection law);.
The consequences of providing the data, the refusal to do so, or the inaccuracy of the same.
The possibility of the interested party to exercise the rights of access, rectification, and deletion of the data.
1) The purpose for which the personal data will be processed and who may be its recipients or class of recipients.
You have the right to the confidentiality of your personal and medical information in particular and the right to approve or reject the disclosure of specific information, except when required by law; personal and medical information refers to:
a. Personal contact details.
b. Photographs before or after your surgery or videos taken during the course of your treatment.
c. Information contained in your medical history and/or preoperative evaluation(ARiA).
The purpose of incorporating the data into the Preoperative Evaluation form(ARiA) and the Medical History of private hospitals are no other than for your medical care. The purpose of obtaining and processing personal data includes the following:
Communication with you about information about the medical treatment you require.
Inform you or recommend possible treatment options or alternatives that may be of interest to you.
Medical check-ups or consultation schedules.
Inform you about health benefits or news of our services that may be of interest to you.
In addition, your personal data may be used for communication with other health professionals involved in your medical care.
We may with your prior consent use your personal data to provide medical information about you to a friend or family member involved in your medical care or to update your family or friends about your medical condition if necessary, or for payment of services.
Recipients: Who can access your information?
Health professionals authorized to enter information in your medical record or medical record that are part of the health team, who are directly related to your medical care such as anesthesiologist, cardiologist, nurses.
The administrative staff of the clinic or private hospital where the surgery will be performed, and of Dr. Bukret’s medical office, and other authorized personnel who may need access to your information.
Government agencies that request information for law enforcement.
Reasons When can we disclose your medical information?
In certain circumstances, we may use medical information about you to provide you with medical treatment or services in accordance with our normal medical practice. We may disclose your medical information to doctors, nurses, technicians, or other healthcare professionals who are directly involved in your care.
Different healthcare professionals may also share medical information about you in order to coordinate necessary practices such as prescriptions, lab tests, and/or imaging.
We may use and disclose your personal information so that the treatment and services you receive can be billed by our practice, and/or clinics where the services are provided.
Your information may be used or disclosed for scientific or research purposes with your prior consent, anonymously, and removing the information that identifies you, following the guidelines of the Helsinki declaration and the data protection law:
We are required to disclose medical information about you whenever required by federal, state, or local law. We may also disclose your information when necessary to prevent a threat to your health and safety or the health of the public or another person.
In certain special or unusual situations, we may disclose your information, for example, to process refunds for social work.
We may disclose your medical information for Public Health Hazards or for public health-related activities. These activities generally include the following:
- To prevent or control disease, injury, or disability.
- To report child abuse or neglect, births, and deaths.
- To report reactions to medications or problems with products.
- To notify a person who may have been exposed to a disease or may be at risk of contracting or spreading a disease or condition.
- Notify the appropriate government authority if we believe a patient has been the victim of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence.
- Health Oversight Activities We may disclose medical information to a health oversight agency for activities authorized by law. These activities include, for example, audits, investigations, inspections, and licenses. These activities are necessary for the government to monitor the healthcare system, government programs, and compliance with civil rights laws.
- In the event of legal claims and disputes, we may disclose medical information about you in response to a subpoena, or other legal order from a court.
- Law Enforcement: We may disclose medical information if requested to do so by a law enforcement officer as part of law enforcement activities, in investigations of criminal conduct or crime victims, in response to court orders, in cases of emergency, or when required by law.
- We may release medical information to a coroner or medical examiner. This may be necessary, for example, to identify a deceased person or determine the cause of death.
2) The existence of the file, registry, data bank, electronic or any other
type, in question and the identity and address of the person responsible;
We create a record of care and services that consists of medical records, electronic files, and emails, to provide you with quality care and comply with legal requirements. The person in charge is Dr. Williams E. Bukret whose work address is listed below.
The person in charge of the medical records of the sanatoriums is the personnel assigned by the different institutions in which the medical care and plastic surgery service are provided.
3) The mandatory or optional nature of the responses to the questionnaire that is proposed, especially regarding the data referred to in the following article (Article 7 of the data protection law).
Whenever we ask you to use your information you must authorize us in writing, including all the circumstances described below; If you have any questions, please contact our Secretary whose address is listed below:
- Authorization for use of your before and after photos and/or video in our office to help other patients view possible results.
- Authorization for use of your before and after photos and/or video on our website https://DrBukret.com to help other patients view possible results.
- Authorization for other patients to contact you via email in order to share their experience with our service.
- Authorization for him to send news about our services in the form of a newsletter on a regular basis.
- If at any time you wish to withdraw your consent to use your email address, photos, or video, simply communicate via email to the addresses shown below and the contact information will be immediately removed from our database for sending news and/or from the site https://drbukret.com
4) The consequences of providing the data, of the refusal to do so, or of the inaccuracy of the same.
At this point, the patient is informed about the possibility of not giving their consent or withdrawing it, and the consequences of it.
The fidelity and accuracy in providing your information are important in terms of primary recommendations and quality of care.
The consequences of providing us with your contact information will be to receive information via email or telephone according to your preference, in order to provide you with our services.
The inaccuracy, error, or omission of data, particularly in the preoperative evaluation, can be detrimental to the medical recommendations provided by Dr. Bukret and consequently lead to complications that could be prevented.
5) The possibility of the interested party to exercise the rights of access, rectification, and deletion of data.
You have the following rights regarding the medical information we maintain about you:
Right to Inspect and Copy: You have the right to inspect and copy medical information that may be used to make decisions about your health.
To inspect and copy medical information you must submit your request in writing to Dr. Bukret. If you request a copy of your clinical history, you should refer to the authorities of the sanatorium where the surgery was performed.
We may deny your request to inspect and copy information in certain very limited circumstances, such as by court order. If you are denied access to medical information, you may request that the denial be reviewed. Another professional chosen by Dr. Bukret will review your request and the denial. The person conducting the review will not be the person who denied your request. We will comply with the outcome of the review.
Right to Amend: If you believe that the medical information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, you may ask us to amend the information. You have the right to request an amendment for as long as the information is kept.
To request an amendment, your request must be made in writing and sent to Dr Bukret. In addition, you must provide a reason that supports your request.
We may deny your request for an amendment if it is not in writing or does not include a reason to support the request. In addition, we may deny your request if you ask us to amend information that:
If the information was not created by us, unless the person or entity that created the information is no longer available to make the amendment; If the information provided is not accurate and complete.
Right to Request an Accounting of Disclosures or “Report of Disclosures”: This is a list of certain disclosures we have made of medical information about you. To request an accounting of disclosures, you must submit your request in writing to Dr. Bukret.
Right to Request Restrictions: You have the right to request a restriction or limitation on the medical information we use or disclose about you for medical treatment, payment, or health care. You also have the right to request a limit on the medical information we disclose about you to someone who is involved in your care or the payment for your care, like a family member or friend.
We are not required to agree to your request. If we do agree, we will comply with your request unless the information is needed to provide you emergency treatment.
To request restrictions, you must make your request in writing to our secretary at the address below. In your request, you must tell us (1) what information you want to limit, (2) whether you want to limit our use, disclosure, or both, and (3) to whom you want the limits to apply.
Right to Request Confidential Communications: You have the right to request that we communicate with you about medical matters in a certain way or at a certain location. For example, you can ask that we contact you by mail or by phone only.
To request confidential communications, you must make your request in writing to our secretary. We will not ask you the reason for your request and we will consider all reasonable requests. Your request must specify how or where you wish to be contacted.
Right to a paper copy of this notice: You have the right to a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive this notice electronically.
To obtain a printed copy of this notice, please request a letter from our secretary at the address below.
Our right to collect information
It is contemplated in Article 8 (Health-related data) of the data protection law as transcribed below:
Public or private health establishments and professionals linked to the health sciences can collect and process personal data related to the physical or mental health of the patients who come to them or who are or have been under treatment of those, respecting the principles of professional secrecy.
If you believe that your privacy rights have been violated, you can file a complaint with Dr. Bukret. To file a complaint, contact the address and telephone number below. All complaints must be submitted in writing.
You will not be penalized for filing a complaint.
Other uses of medical information
Other uses and disclosures of medical information not covered by this notice or the laws that apply to us will be made only with your written permission. If you give us permission to use or disclose medical information about you, you can revoke that permission, in writing, at any time. If you revoke your permission, we will no longer be able to use or disclose medical information about you for the reasons covered in your written authorization. You understand that we are unable to take back any disclosures we have already made with your permission and that we are required to retain our records of the care that we provided to you.
If the procedures described meet your expectations, please sign at the bottom of the page.
Dr Williams Erik Bukret
Specialist in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Address: 1848 Alicia Moreau de Justo Avenue, floor 2, suite 6; Puerto Madero, C.P: C1107AFL, Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Phone: +54 11 43141710
Office Manager: Maria Dudhamel